Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

The Surgery

Yes, I'm still alive. Does that picture looked happy or scary? I do not know what to react that picture because I KNOW how feel at that moment!



I was wacky nervous and time was ticking. Actually I was a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it’s wrong to use uncomfortable. Let me try my best to explain why I’m “uncomfortable” at that time. When I arrived at the hospital, St. Johns Hopkins, I was ready right away to go in to change my clothes into famous hospital clothes. And the nurse, Maria, gave me strange long white socks. That long white socks has one big hole and one small hole. It’s obviously small hole goes to feet. Maria said put those on. So I did but surprisely how hard to put those ON because those socks were so tight! I felt like I’m too fat for those socks! But it fits and that socks goes from feet to almost top of my hips. One thing was strange because I was sit in one of booth and there were several booths as well for the patients who ready for surgery. This floor (basement of a huge building with uhh I think 12 floors) was for surgery only. So when people were resting and waiting for their turn to go in operation room. I noticed that they are not wearing the same socks I’m wearing. Am I only one wearing this socks? I wondered why.. Maybe their surgery is not complex as mine? Short surgery? I’m so curious! Oh well, I won’t know for sure. :D



Okay, I’m going to paste some of my journal that I wrote to my family. Save my hands. :D

Right now it's almost 9:40pm and I'm sitting up on the couch and feeling pains in my left ear. Of course, the medicine is starting to fade. (I think the shot for numb start to fade as well.) I cannot take the medicine until soon. I am thinking to wait a bit longer so I can take another medicine to prevent feeling nausea. The painkiller might make me feel nausea because basically it's illegal. :D Oxycodone! Well, I hope it will help less pain in my ear. I guess I better stop and rest. My ear is starting to throbbing. :S

Ugh, I cannot lay to sleep. I have to keep my body elevated. :S Let's see how much I can get sleep overnight! I hope I can get lot of sleep so Annie can sleep through the night as well.

That’s it for today. Whew! Wait for next day with full of details.

0 comments:

 
Little Leaps | TNB