Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Is It Really Happening?

Okay.. Remember, this journal that I have wrote to my family. You’ll see the different fonts and you know why. I did fix some but not much...just fix the mistake or add some more information. :D




I didn't get very good sleep last night. I kept waking up every hour for different reasons. I woke up for pee.. water.. move around.. blah. I slept on airbed in the livingroom so I can watch t.v. I had to put about four pillows under me. I have to keep my head above than my chest for two weeks. Ugh!

Funny story but sad. Before I leave the hospital, I was about to get dressed. Everyone left to do their duties especially one new nurse with me to help me dressed while Annie left to get car and get me. Before Annie leaves, the nurse asked me how I'm feeling right now. I told her my ear hurts. So the nurse gave me one medicine and said it's oxycodone. Wow, it's small white medicine so I took it.

Annie got me in car and left. I was resting. My ear starting to throbbing..hurt.. I was hoping the medicine will work soon! We arrived home and still hurts. I was like..wow the numb is fading. I cannot take the medicine until specific time. So I waited until around 11pm to take oxycodone and promethazine (to prevent nausea). Annie is giving me the medicine (she is boss with medicine and keep track to make sure not overdose or forget to take one medicine cedadroxil (antibiotic).

Annie came and opened her mouth--"You won't believe this..the nurse gave you promethazine instead oxycodone!! That's why you still feel pains since you left the hospital!!" No wonder!! So I took two medicine of oxycodone to help stop the pains. I went bed and two hours later..wow that stuff does work! Finally!! But I only can take oxycodone eight pills a day..THAT'S ALL!

Whew, they did not rip the hairs out of my arm when they removed the IV. But I had to removed a masking tape off..THAT HURTS. OH OH FUNNY.. The nurse put the masking tape on my arm and it wouldn't stay on. She just blunt oh you have hairy arms! Oh brother.. I think they don't need to put needle more than just IV. They put anesthesia in the same tube as IV. And they put about three blood pressure cuffs. One on my right arm, one on calf, and one on thigh. Legs thing.. I HATE THAT!

Seriously they have FANCY operation room! MUCH FANCIER than I had before in Utah. My mouth fell on the floor when I entered the operation room. There were so many machines around the bed. White almost everything except some machines. Also I saw a television front of my bed. They are preparing little camera that will goes in my head. Wow.. Everything went so fast.. When I get on the bed, they put EKG on me blah blah blah put on me stuff.. Mary, one of nurses, put anesthesia in my tube. And put oxygen mask but it was weird.. so they all wait for me to go bye.. Funny because two nurses and assistance were standing front of me and waiting.. Mary was nice nurse.. She patted me and smooth me to calm me down. My heart must pounding so big and loud! I remember I started to feel weird--BANG! That's it. I cannot remember how I shut my eyes! Like I was drop dead. (When I get on that bed, I was thinking.. that's it. I'm really HERE.. I can't believe this. Is it really happening to me? It was unbelievable moment..I felt like I was dreaming..)

I woke up..of course.. confused but much better than past surgery because I thought I was in car accident. :D This one I was confused with temperature and throat.

About eating...you won't believe this. I drank ginger ale at hospital to take a medicine. Hahaha, amazing it didn't make me nausea. I guess I didn't feel because I took TWO nausea medicine in less than an hour!! Oops, but that's okay!! I don't like the feeling of nausea anyway... When I got home, I ate ice pop and it taste funny. I even ate a few of cracker. :D Amazing uh? Of course, I had to chew careful because when my jaws move, it hurts a bit (ear).

This morning I was READY to eat my REAL BREAKFAST!! Yay!! YUMMY... Oh the anesthesiologist told me that I can eat anything that night when I get home except fried or spicy. He even said pizza, hamburger, etc! :D Mom, remember I ate pizza next day? (from preview surgery with my elbow) :D

The anesthesiologist has STRONG accent! When he came to meet me and explain how it works before the surgery. The interpreter, Carol, got up and ready to interpret but her facial expression was puzzled and tried to understand him! She said he has strong accent. His name is Akos Kalmar. He got paged and had to leave for a few minutes. Carol and Annie started to discuss where he from. Carol guessed he was from Germany but Annie guessed Czech. Annie is funny because she took her iphone out of her purse and google on him!! :D She found him that he attended Budapest University! No wonder... :D I told Carol what Annie has told me. She laughed.. :D That was funny. Dr. Kalmar was so nice. He was trying to gesture with me to communicate. He even knelt down to level with my eyes. Wow, nice to do that. Dr. Della Santina did that too even his assistance too.

I'm serious ALL of staffs there were so friendly and kindly. I suddenly feel so comfortable even I was very nervous. :D

Missy, sweatshirt that she gave me for Christmas was worth of it. :D I wore it after the surgery. It's perfect sweatshirt because it's thin and light also easy to access to put on me instead over my head. I post that (above) picture to show you the prove. :D

Oh I remember...Annie and I got there around 11:20am which is very early. But after we paid the clerk and signed some forms. The interpreter was here early as well. I thought we would sit in the lobby and wait.. NO! After I signed the paper and they said they are ready for me to go in and change clothes and put IV in. Wow.. that was FAST! That was good but I had to wait awhile in the pre-op area while IV. There were nurses blah blah came to me. Whew. I'm glad that I did not have to wait much longer than past surgery! Everything was on time.. dots. :D

OH I just read Missy's question and almost forget to answer that question.. Will it bleed a lot? I don't think so. Dr. Della Santina said it might drain and some bleed but not much. Dr. Della Santina put packing inside and outside of my ear (canal). One inside will fade itself. But not outside, he will take it out next Thursday when I came to see him for check up.

I’m glad to know that I do not have to go to work or school until 26th. That would give me two weeks to recuperate. :D Oh that’s right I do have a meeting this Thursday. I don’t know about that yet. Annie will have to drive me because I cannot drive while I take oxycodone. :S

Umm oh cow I gave you lot of information!!! I guess that’s it as what I can think of. It’s about three pages! Geez, sorry if I have put you sleep! :D

Missy asked me when I can wash my hair. The question is when can I wash my hair. I looked at the paper and it said I can wash my hair after 48 hours from the surgery. Means I can wash my hair tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it! Because I feel yucky, itchy, and grossy. :D

So far I have been laying on the bed to be still and not move my head very much. It hurts if I move rotate. I feel like tag muscle near my ear. If I stay up like stand too long, then I can feel red start to fill up my head. A bit dizzy..whew! Gotta to lay.. :D Wow tomorrow night I'll find out what my head look like.. It'll be weird to see that--that is my head--computer implant in my ear as well the magnet inside of my head. If anyone want to see grossy pictures, then I'll be happy to post for you tomorrow night. So keep your eyes open. :D

Is it amazing to see that I’m up and doing a long journal the next day from the surgery?! Or am I insane? But it shows that I’m fine. :D It works as charming.

0 comments:

 
Little Leaps | TNB