Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Bored

I cannot believe that my classes were cancelled because of weather. Well, one of my class was cancelled and I had to cancelled my ASL class because of weather. Guess what caused to cancelled? Snow. But we only got about one inch so far! The news said we probably will get around 1-3 inches and get some more overnight plus will become icy. The question is why they cancelled school and classes when it’s only barely one inches while in Utah they never cancelled when they got more than 8 or 12 inches of snow?! Well, I’m extremely nervous about tomorrow morning because I have to get up early and leave here at 7am to get there before 8am, my class starts. The problem is how icy it would gets? Will the school cancel again? I will laugh if they didn’t cancel when its’ really bad icy. Maryland history for weather is icy. I’m hoping we will not get bad icy! I hate driving in icy. :S Scary thoughts.


Well, you must wondering about those pictures. Yes, I made them today. I wanted to do something new hobby. I decided to try out. Well, that thing didn’t look bad for first time, eh? I realized it’s difficult to keep the stuff stay when I glued on the stuff. My next project will be flat! It would be much easier and will not slipping down while glue to attach on the thing. Umm now I’m thinking what project would I want to make? UMMMMM.. Decisions! Decisions! Ugh.

I guess that’s it for today. I know it sounds bored but it’s how it went for me when the classes were cancelled.

Oh I can’t believe I forgot to add the important stuff! I went back to see Dr. Della Santia for follow up since the surgery last Thursday. That was very weird experience. No, it’s not about my doctor. It’s about an interpreter! Really, I never request for an interpreter for this appointment. At first Annie and I arrived at the hospital. We checked in and they were ready for us.. (THAT FAST! I just sit down but called us right away!!!) We went in the room. Of course, we ended up waiting for Dr. Della Santina to come in. A few minutes later, the nurse said the interpreter is here. I was puzzled and looked at Annie. Both of us got lost at that point.

The interpreter came in and sit down. She looked at us. She stared at me for awhile with awkward feeling. I had to introduce ourselves. Then she asked me why I’m here. I was like uh? I’m here for follow up with doctor. She again asked me why? That moment I wanted to said shut up. But I didn’t and told her that I just had a surgery last Monday. My doctor wanted to see how it went. The interpreter won’t let me go without answer. She was stubborn and asked why surgery. I simple blunt cochlear implant. THAT silent her for a few minutes. Somehow the answer surprised her.

I thought we are in peace but WRONG! She started blah about her experiences about having heart surgery, blah blah blah blah until the doctor comes in. So doctor asked me how I was doing. Of course, I gave a honest answer--I’m GOOD! No dizzy. No problem so far from the surgery. I had no problem with balance. He seems happy to hear the news. But one thing I was starting to get frustrated. The interpreter didn’t stand up and interpret close to the doctor. The doctor was stand on the left while she was sitting on the chair --way right! I had hard time to watch her while look at the doctor.
The doctor said he need to take some stiches off. He do his things and talk. The problem is that I cannot turn my head to see the interpreter. I had hard time to carry the conversation with doctor.

Well, the follow up was very SHORT. He was happy with results. He asked me to tell Steve to update with Dr. Della Santina. :D After we left the room, both of us agreed that I do not want to ask for interpreter! :S Annie will interpreter for active on February 13th while my parents with me!

0 comments:

 
Little Leaps | TNB