Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Can't Wait

Yesterday afternoon at 2pm, I had last minute appointment with Steve. Yes, Steve--my audiologist because the problem is back and much worse than ever. Steve suspected it would do something related to the second surgery. True enough, my left ear decided to pick up more sounds and the sounds became too loud. The high frequency became too high and smash the low frequency again. Everything bothered me so much. It's just the same as before.

I cannot able to stay torture until August 25th. And I do not want to suffer through on my vacation--visiting Omi, my grandma, in Graz, Austria. (As well, my mother's brother, Michi) I'll staying there for two weeks with my parents. My little sister and her husband will tag along with us for a week. It'll be lot of fun. The point I do not want to torture myself with that. Steve was so nice to make his schedule open for me the next day, so I went.


The appointment was fast as usually. He had a student with him. She was interesting woman. When we entered his office, Steve introduced me his student. I sat down and spotted my name on the box (EF) behind Steve. (He have a big shelves on the wall. There are several boxes with name on it. There were three different companies of cochlear implants. There were only two boxes that are from Med-el.) I knew one of them was for me. It's my NEW RED processors! I got Annie's attention and said, "Look! My name is there! Look!" Annie didn't get it at first but got it second time. Steve saw me what I was trying to tell Annie. Steve just smiled and point to it. He confirmed that I was right it's mine. He didn't take it out, but smile. DARN!

Annie was hoping that Steve would said well since you're here, why not we get over with it. Bring my new second processor, does that happened? No. Bummer. I can't wait until August 25 for my second activation. Sighs. Too bad for me. After the appointment, Annie and I left to go home. Annie made comments about blogs she read that some of people had activation a week after the surgery, other two weeks, other three days etc. Why Steve made me to wait for six weeks! We discussed and finally decided that they must have a good reason to wait for six weeks. Dang it.

That's alright, I guess. Things will help me distract and the days will come quickly before I blink. I have one more week of school then Austria for two weeks, then one more week of vacation.. BINGO the day arrives! Time for second activation! Grin. Can I wait and patience? I don't know.

3 comments:

Tami said...

You can come to Germany and visit me! Where in Austria are you going?

Laynie said...

Graz--visiting Omi and Michi, my mother's brother. We will staying there for two weeks. I believe Heather and her husband will go to Germany second week. I have no idea where they will go.

Anyway, why are you living in Germany? Curious.

Tami said...

We live near Kaiserslautern. My husband, Jeremiah, is in the Air Force. We just moved here from Hampton, VA in April. According to Google, it would take me over 7 hours to drive to Graz! I'm surprised you can take a trip in a plane so soon after surgery, but happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip. It's always nice to see grandparents.

 
Little Leaps | TNB