After wearing cochlear implant for about three weeks, I haven’t take it down except go bed or take a shower. It’s amazing to see myself that I wore it ALL DAY. It’s completed different than my hearing aid. Before cochlear implant, I didn’t put hearing aid very much. I only use when I’m in mood or want to watch. Well, it’s not weird feelings yet. I’m still on the beam trying to think if I like cochlear implant or not. Frankly I’m HAPPY that I did get it because it’s much BETTER than my hearing aid for sure. I’m speaking about TODAY if I really enjoy wearing cochlear implant. I have no idea because I’m still LEARNING the sounds around me. Something I got used to it, same time some sounds made very annoying noise---THAT will takes awhile to get used to it!
A few days ago I was complaining to Annie that I wanted to get used to it NOW! I feel like it’s FOREVER to get used to it. Annie had to remind me that my cochlear implant was only three weeks old. Seriously, that comment surprised me. I felt like I had cochlear implant for many weeks!!!! My mind was telling me that I wore it more than five or six months. Haha.. Oh gosh, three weeks is still a baby step for my ear. Oh boy!
Last night I was ready to go bed. I took my cochlear implant off and jumped into my bed. Annie was in her bed. I started to talk and realized something is not normal. It’s very weird NOT to hear my voice nor Annie’s voice. It hits me that moment. I know it’s very strange because I must knew the feelings since I went through for many years. Why that night hits me?! I don’t know how to describe the feeling but I wish I could keep my cochlear implant on when I go bed!! Am I crazy or what? But I’m grateful that I don’t have to so I can sleep peaceful! Crazy, uh?
FYI: Today is Monday, last Tuesday night Annie reacted the same and told me that I should leave my cochlear implant on when I go bed because I didn’t response her voice or something.. Hahaha!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment