After the test, Steve asked me the audiogram (above) and showed me the high frequency was BEST than low frequency! I knew it. In my mind, I feel that high frequency was louder and take over low frequency. Well, that was odd--because high frequency jumped to 20 dB while low frequency improved a little. So we went back to Steve’s office to try fix that problem for me.

Steve tried to adjust my processor to pull the low frequency and try to make it balance with high frequency. But he does not want to pull all to twenty because it might be too much for me to handle the loudness. So he only increase 5 dB and (I think) he decrease a little high frequency. He test me with the noise what he has in the office. I think it’s a bit better but not lot.
He sets two programs for me again, same idea as usually. That’s it for now. I admit nothing exciting about that appointment. However I knew he knows what he is doing with me and he is careful with me. He does not want overwhelm me with loudness. I don’t mind that, but I thought he would adjust the sounds.. I guess I’ll have to wait for that part until I accomplish that goal what he wanted from me. Remember he hoped that I would move up to 20-30 dB. Well, my high frequency did, but not for low frequency. Annie and Steve agreed that if high frequency did jumped to 20 dB as Steve wanted it to be then low frequency can go to 20 dB. It will takes awhile to accomplish this goal. We have no idea how long it would takes to be happen.
My next appointment will be in two months. Steve said I’ll have one appointment in two months, then three months. After that, it will become every six months after that for follow up.
We left the hospital and nothing exciting to listen anything new but just a bit loud than usually. I’m okay. Until next day, everything was ANNOYING! That high frequency still take over. I guess I’m hoping that my mind will realized that Steve has push low frequency up and trying to balance all equal. Well, low frequency did but need to get high frequency join together.
Of course, next day it gets better and still having problem with high frequency. :S

0 comments:
Post a Comment