A few days ago, I was not interested to see the movie Star Trek. When I saw the television commercial on Star Trek before Annie and I cut cable, (we decided it's waste of our time to have cable in our apartment and save our $$) I thought, oh no, not other movie about Star Trek! Why they obssessed with Star Trek. Sadly I'm not old enough to understand their passion for Star Trek.

Until now Annie told me about this movie and said anyone can watch this movie without review from old Star Trek. We do not have to know people's characters. I thought umm okay. Again Annie explained me a bit about this movie. Okay... sort of interesting... Until I saw several members of my family comment about this movie. Some of them have seen it and other wanted to see the movie. Well, it was enough to make me want to see the movie. The problem is that there is no closed caption (CC) available. It's umm blah for me. I could ask Annie to interpreter for me but it's not the same.
So I decided to check to see what movie they offer for CC near our apartment. I saw Star Trek will be offered CC near us. It'll running from 18th to 20th. Yay! I wanted to go last Friday but we decided to wait because Annie thinks Katie, Annie's youngest sister, might want to join with us. It turned out that Katie had other plans. I still wanted to go to see the movie before 20th. It's my chance to see with CC. I do not have to ask Annie for interpreter.... AND both of us can enjoy the movie. Okay, let's GO!
Spock and Kirk

We finally went to the movie theater and saw the movie. What do I think about this movie? I think the movie was GREAT. One thing you should know about this. This is my first movie theater with my cochlear implant! I haven't gone to movie theater since I got my cochlear implant. I was avoiding to go there because Annie warned me that it might be too loud for me. She mentioned that sometimes it hurts her ear from too much loud. I was like oh uh that sounds not good and I'm only three months old! (I mean my cochlear implant is still baby..)

I decided to move on and try! Annie encouraged me to bring my cochlear implant remote. If it's too loud for me, then I can take my remote out and turn the volume down to comfortable. Know what? I didn't use remote at all! Yes, it was loud but not AWFUL loud enough to kill me or my cochlea! Whew. Annie was surprised and said that was not too loud. Usually it was but that time it wasn't. Goody.
So I was watching and listening the movie, there were several sounds that were WOW. For example.. Let me show the picture-- his name is Nero.
Of course, Nero is a bad guy. You know the good guys and the bad guys. Go figure. Anyway, he was speaking to Captain Kirk or other Captain. I noticed his voice was too creepy and scary! It almost sound like umm gravelly. Maybe it is gravelly. It sounds awful. Of course, it made sense since he is a bad guy.
I realized that cochlear implant helped me to hear better sounds than hearing aids. With my old hearing aid, I couldn't hear the quality of sounds. It's amazing! I liked it lot. Because it shows the emotion (or show how scary you are!) :D
Now I'm looking forward to go there again in the future. I think Harry Potter movie will be the next for me. It won't happen until July probably after my second surgery. (That's another story)


2 comments:
I'm glad you liked the movie. I really liked it too. Mark wants to see it again. I am surprised that the loud theater sounds didn't bother you. I love hearing about all of your experiences with sound.
Yeah, Annie was surprised too. When we arrived home from movie. Annie wanted to have some oreo for her dessert. I don't know what she was doing but she was staring at me when she opened the oreo to see if it has bothering me. The plastic thing always bothered me. Now I didn't snap when she made noise with plastic when she opened the oreo. Wow, that's a great news for me! :D
Post a Comment