Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Silent Ears

Annie told me that I should write it down about my recent feelings. Before the surgery, the doctor told me that I cannot able to use hearing aid after the surgery. It didn’t hit me until about two weeks after the surgery. At first, I thought oh that would be easy. I can handle it. I went without hearing aid sometimes but not longer than a few days. I don’t know about four weeks but we will see how it worked out.

Well, that was a big mistake. After two weeks, I started to complain that I couldn’t use hearing aid to listen while watch movies, listen the music, listen some sounds around me, listen Annie playing piano, and many little things. THAT SUCKS! I think most bothering me is watch on television or movies. It’s not the SAME without sounds. I feel like I’m watching pictures and words. I have missed lot of cool effects, background, etc. Gosh, I feel days get FOREVER to arrive on the 13th. Annie kept saying 6 more days, blah blah to remind me that it’s getting close to that special day. I can’t wait this Friday to activation my cochlear implant. Same time I’m very nervous because I have no idea how it make sounds. Everyone said hearing aids are very DIFFERENT than cochlear implant. It’s driving me NUTS. THREE DAYS to go! TWO DAYS for mommy and daddy to come.. This weekend will be hectic for me. I hope I won’t have any nervous breakdowns. Yikes. I just hope that the weird sounds--my brain will quickly pick up and get used to it. :S Well, I better go to work and school. Long day for me. Blah!

0 comments:

 
Little Leaps | TNB