
Well, you know it’s obviously that I went for third mapping this morning, right? This appointment was supposed to be 90 minutes with Steve. I ended up finished after 40 minutes with Steve. Yup, that was FAST when he did three things. I guessed right that he would do three things for this mapping. 1. Audiogram 2. Test my odd electrodes 3. Fix some programs on my cochlear implant
Steve was lazy to do audiogram. Well, I mean he did quickly than normal it should be. Then Steve didn’t do ALL odd to test my electrodes. He did only 1, 7, 9, and 11. He skipped 3 and 5. I don’t know why he did that. Finally he started to explain about FSP and HDCIS. Don’t ask me what it is but it means FSP=Fine Structure Processing and HDCIS=High Definition Continuous Interleaved Sampling. He wanted to know if I can tell the difference between FSP and HDCIS. He warned me that I might not able to recognize the difference. And I was not able to tell the difference. He said that we will do that again when I come for another appointment which is one month away from today.
He also explained that he have established only TWO programs, not four. It’s almost too sad to hear about that. Because I’m stuck with only two programs. Because I’m almost reach the goal to 25-35 dB. Basically he only set two programs that goes louder. I’ll be on program 1 for two weeks then change to program 2 until to the next appointment.
That’s it! All three have been done in 40 minutes! He said I’m FAST than others because they have tons of questions or other things. Like problems, need to fix, etc.... I’m just perfect person without complain about loud or anything like that. Yes, I’m saint girl.
Yeah, I almost forgot to add one tiny thing about the audiogram. You noticed there are yellow highlight on the audiogram. He said I’ll continue to improve after increase stimulation. So it’s our goal to reach 25-35 dB. Well, it’s not bad for wearing cochlear implant at one week old. Annie said it’s funny because my old hearing aid already accomplished at 250 Hz but of course much worse at 2,000 Hz. After that, I heard nothing. I think cochlear implant heard more than hearing aid. Different sounds and louder. I think also different uhhh sensitive to the sounds. Hearing aid does not make any sense, well some of environmental sounds make sense with hearing aid. Such as aware of voices, door knock, dog barking, blah blah. One neat thing about cochlear implant that I can hear far than hearing aid can.
Oh another amazing has happened when I left Steve’s office. I had to go to the restroom. There are two small restroom which are next to each other. Annie and I had to go before hit the road.
I went to the bathroom and nothing exciting than first mapping. I knew the flush will scared out of my mind PLUS my heart will jump out of my chest! So I didn’t flush until I’m ready to leave the room. I push and ran out of the restroom! But before that, I was sitting on the toilet and suddenly heard the flush from another restroom!! And I heard Annie’s shoes walking after left the restroom. WOW!! Of course, I can’t tell which shoes but that one was obviously because Annie was next to me.
So that’s it for now. All of exciting is gone for awhile. Hope will have another exciting happen so I can post more fun things on this blog.

0 comments:
Post a Comment