Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Second Mapping

Before I start blah blah, I want to answer Nicole’s questions. Steve, my audiology, said that I have wear C.I. all the time. I shouldn’t take it off except go bed or have a shower etc. He also said if I gets sick of sounds or too much I can always turn the program down or go to somewhere quiet to calm down. If it’s really necessary to take off, but I shouldn’t leave it off no more than twenty minutes. My brain need to get used to it. If I keep taking it off, then I will not get used to it or let my brain develop to recognize sounds around me. Make sense? It’s tough for a few days. Now it’s getting a bit better. I guess I need to build up more patience for leaving it there all day. So far I did, I have not take it off not even one for calm down. :D

Back to my story, this morning I went to see Steve, my audiology. He did a bit different than last visit. He test me two things. I did nothing with it. He just test my nerve. He had to test me even electrode to see how it works with my nerve. I have twelve of each electrode. He told us that he’ll do even today and do odd next visit. He started with number 2. The result caused Steve surprised and said, “That’s gorgeous! You couldn’t ask for any better.” He continued with number 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12. He was amazing how my nerve response. He said I have possibly potential to understand the speech. That surprised us. But it’s still too early to say because my new ear still learning and still need to adjust my cochlear implant to used to it.

The next test was almost the same as I had first visit. But it’s a bit different that time. He asked me to make all sound even loudness for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12. And it must be medium (loud). So we did get it even with my best guess listen. That was fast. Steve wanted to test me if I can hear the ooo, ah, sh, sssss, eeee etc. Realized that I respond to sh and sss better than others. So he turned low frequency up for me.

Now remember I have a remote that has four programs. He said I must on the same one program for about two days then step to 2 for two days etc. It’s different program than I had before. I had no idea what the different it would be. I guess it might go louder.

0 comments:

 
Little Leaps | TNB