Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

A Shark?


Annie and I made last minute decision to go a beach for fun. I was thinking to get some tan but I do not know if the wish would works before the family reunion. My body wanted to be alike lobster, but I tried to coax to be alike uhh tan.. I don't think my body listens me, sighs.

Anyway we got up early in the morning and found a good spot to put our towels, chairs, stuff to show people that the place was ours. Just like any animals pee or spray odor to make an announcement, it's mine! I knew Annie loves beach and I thought she would run to the waves but she didn't. She just stand and stare at the ocean. I encouraged her to go in because I do not want to go in. I'm---umm--chicken. I wanted to see Annie to go in first before I go. I know it sounds silly but how it works for me.

Annie's facial expression changed and said, "Something was wrong.. You can see there are lot of fish jumping..." I couldn't believe what she told me and I tried to see what she see. She had to describe how she see and I finally understood what she means.

You can see dark spot there. That means lot of fish in that area. One fish jumped. Actually there were lot of fish jumping crazy. In this picture, there was one fish jumped.

Again, can you see a circle around the dark spot? Annie was right, something was there.

Annie decided not to go in yet but need to go to the bathroom. I was left alone and waiting. What am I doing right now? Of course, staring the ocean. Suddenly I saw something come out of ocean....

GASP! A SHARK! Good thing, Annie didn't went in the water!

I couldn't believe it was a shark! I wish Annie was here! I...just grabbed my camera and tried to take a picture of shark to show Annie. I saw it AGAIN and caught it. My brain was racing--a shark! The shark is in the ocean! Should I warn people who already in the ocean? But how?! I decided to stare and see if there is more sharks in there..

I started to see some more and realized it was not shark. It was a dolphin! In this picture, there were a baby and a mother dolphin! I didn't realized until I downloaded from camera to iMac.

Oh boy! Lot of dolphins! Annie finally come back and I was excited to tell her what I saw. She was able to see some dolphins as well. She said those dolphins are porpoises because their nose are short. I thought it was neat and learned how they get their food by push fish into shallow places. That's how fish got trapped and got scared.

Dolphins and fish didn't stay much longer, I think it only last an hour. The beach started to fill up with people. It became a normal beach. We had fun time.

1 comments:

Heather said...

That's neat that you got it on camera! I've never seen a real dolphin. Do you think we might catch a glimpse of one next week? :)

 
Little Leaps | TNB