Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Little Trip to NJ


I found this picture on the internet--Baltimore, it looked like when we picked up Katie.

Annie loved Brandi Carlile and begged to go another concert which was in NJ. I have decided to gave her birthday present--a ticket to see Brandi Carlile on February 5th. Actually it was her EARLY birthday present because her actual birthday is on March 13th.

Last week I got extremely nervous because of weather news said we will have a big snow storm coming up this weekend. Annie was confidence that there will not be any snow on that day we will drive up to NJ. I put so much faith in her by leaving on that day, 5th. Annie picked me up from school to leave for NJ. The school closed at noon because they are afraid the big snow storm has started. It started to snow but not thick enough to slick on the street yet. About half hour later, there were no snow until we arrived in NJ. I was relief that we had a safe trip to NJ.

We went to the concert and the place was different environment than two others concerts I went. The environment was on campus of a University. It was nice because I do not have to stand up for three hours. Whew. I was trying to pay attention to see if there was any improvement with my cochlear implants. There were some songs I liked and others I don't like very much. (boring songs such as repeat or lack of rhythm--but maybe it's just me)

I had a good time. We arrived at a hotel that we made a reserved because it will be very stupid of us if we leave NJ to go home which the concert ends at 11pm. AND it just started snowing on our way to the hotel. I think it was just perfect timing for us to get NJ and go to the hotel from the concert. We were ready to go bed, but I wanted to ask Annie about my listening experiences. I told Annie that I wasn't sure if it was better or not. I was able to hear the rhythm or bass, but I had difficult time to listen the voice or the details. I felt it was burry. Annie said it was same for her. After her comments, I was surprised that I was not only person who had the problem. Whew.

The next morning we found about a foot of snow on the ground and it was still snowing and fercious windy. We ended up had to stay in the hotel for another night. It was not safe to go on a trip on the thick snow roads. Oh boy!

We left last Sunday morning and the highways were nice and clear. It was plowed the highways very well until we hit one big highway in Balitmore beltway, 695. It was awful than we were on highway 95. There were three lanes but we only can use two instead. Annie wanted to pick her sister, Katie up so she can stay at our apartment for a night. Oh gosh, when we got off the highway, the roads were horrible! It looked like nobody plowed that road. (They did plow but not often enough to keep it clear while snowing..) I saw there were many people come out and tried to shovel the walk side, car, and other areas. It was chaos. We couldn't find a parking spot to park. Actually it was impossible to find one. Katie ended up had to jump in when we stop middle of the street. We got out safe. We arrived to our apartment and it was not TOO bad as Katie's area. Oh BOY!

I found out that my school and Annie's school were cancelled because of snow and icy. Guess what? Our schools cancelled AGAIN today. Possibly tomorrow because I just learned that we will get some more snow tonight and tomorrow.. Groans. Annie thinks the school will continue cancel the whole week. Funny, I don't mind at all because I have been working on Lesson Plans for my classes. Less stress for me when I start to teach. :D Oh yeah, we got over three feet of snow. Yup, it was a big snow storm for sure. People were freaked out about that. Funny part that two days before the big snow storm, people freaked out and ran to the store to buy three things: milk, salt, and shovel. Naturally those supplies ran out FASTER than a lion run for a gazelle. Some of us joked at that because didn't they have enough food in their home? Milk? You know what I mean.. I'm sure we can strive for a few days, eh?

Anyway, it's time for me to get up and start clean our apartment. Our apartment looked like it was hit by a tornado. Embarrassing..

1 comments:

Tami said...

I'd love to see some picture from outside your window! Such a HUGE snowstorm!

 
Little Leaps | TNB