Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Snow Days



I can't believe schools closed for a WHOLE week because of weather. We got two big snow storms recently that caused closed everywhere except emergency. Basically Annie and I were stuck inside of our apartment for days. We invited Katie, Annie's sister, to join us. She stayed with us for two days. Tomorrow she have to go to work, but not for me nor Annie.

I have never been in this situation when the school was cancelled because of snow. When I lived in Utah, Utah Valley University and BYU didn't give a heart to cancel because of snow even if we got lot of snow. I recalled when I woke up and mouth fell on the floor when I saw there were lot of snow on the road and it was not plowed yet. I had to get ready FAST and drive VERY SLOWLY to get down UVU to be on time--barely. Yup, still open! But not here in Maryland.. People freaked out--for example ran to the food store to buy milk. (I believe I have mentioned recently about milk.)

We ended up got more than three feet. I'm sure more than that since second storm. Last Monday people still nervous about Tuesday. Annie and I thought it would be light snow--oh boy. Last Tuesday at eleven in the morning, I saw it was starting to snow.. SNOW! Annie and I were planning to go food store to get some food. Yikes! We got out of the apartment really FAST and zoom to get food. Oh boy, some of people beat us. Yup, milk--the same problem. We had no problem with that. We got back safe. Katie got here safe as well from her work.




We all three help each other shoveling our drive way in about every 1-2 hours. I still can't believe how much the snow build up in 1-2 hours after we shoveled. The next day we continue to do but it was SO WINDY and FREEZING. We tried to have some fun but didn't stay outside very much.

You see.. We had to hold our hoods--WINDY!


Yeah, right..

Copy Cat--but she was able to get top of the mountain of snow.

I did it! (More WINDY!)

It was scary to drive through this as hoping that somebody will see me before get in an accident.



We took some pictures for just fun. I wanted something fun. Annie was no fun. Katie wanted to play in snow. I'm one who cling to the camera. Poor my right hand holding the camera--my right hand was so red because it was so COLD. Annie helped as well. So we were going back to our apartment but I got another idea. I told Katie we have more snow behind our apartment which was much better than in the parking lot. Katie wanted to see so we went behind the apartment. I took the camera ready--we walked and heehee I pushed Katie and took the picture of her in the snow! THAT WAS SOOOO FUNNNNNY! I laughed so hard while taking pictures of her. Her face hits in the snow as well.

Annie warned me that she might get even with me later. (She didn't......I convinced her it would be worth of it because she can brag her pictures to her friends....) Oh my, when I downloaded pictures on the computer and saw that picture where I pushed Katie. I...of course burst laugh so hard.. I had to summon Katie to see why it was worth of it. Oh boy...

Eh..

Look at her face.. Oops. Her face hits in snow. Funny, right?

See, she didn't mind at all after I pushed her.

Yup...Yup..Yup.. Snow storm and very WINDY.


Good Team! Go sisters!

Look at her eye lashes!


Third floor of our apartment

Katie was sorry for dogs that had to find a place to go pee in cold weather. Annie told met hat she was able to hear the dog wheezing.. Poor dog.


During the day, we saw a man building a fort. We wanted to see what he was building but too shy. We waited until dark and went up there. The man who made the fort was awesome!



Of course, had to leave a message for the man for his cool little fort.

Well, Katie decided to go another way to go down instead using the stairs. Too steep and too much of snow..

I came to rescue her but umm..

Well, both of us struggled to get down.

I was clever--roll down instead walk down.. Amazing, it works better.

Annie decided to join with us but taking pictures of us. She somehow got stuck--almost fell..She got my reaction.

That was why...Look at her legs. Yes, I'm not kidding..

Proof

Katie tried to help her, umm.



That gave them plenty of laughs.

FINALLY!

Oh boy!

We went behind from our apartment. Katie went down for fun. I wanted to have some fun so I joined Katie. You see--steep! Gosh..


Look at my legs.. Yup, I'm not kidding.

Annie laughed at me because somehow I fell backward.




Crazy Katie.. She went over the fence and thought it was funny.


EXHAUSTED after struggled to get back up near our apartment

But not exhausted to try caught some of flakes

We went back in and stayed there for awhile until the weather settled down. We got out again and have fun playing in snow. Again, I was umm bad girl. While Annie was trying to take a picture of Katie, I grab the snow and threw it at her--umm accident that the snow went straight into her face! The camera clicked...Gosh, look at that! Precious.. Eh. Annie got another picture of me being mischievous. It was funny.. Good thing that Katie didn't mind at all. I hope she had fun time.
Umm.. I was good girl, right?

Eh, I guess I wasn't.


Katie and Annie went that way to get to the top, but I went another way--bad idea.

SWOOSH! WINDY!

So before we went back in our apartment, our driveway was CLEAR and ready for the next day. Oh boy, I was not looking forward to see my car because... TO BE CONTINUED..

2 comments:

Tim said...

wow.

Heather said...

Craziness! You be safe out there :)

 
Little Leaps | TNB