Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Oh Yeah!

I woke up and went to the bathroom. I came out of bathroom and saw Annie was about to wake up. I ran to jump on her bed and give her a hug. She got scared and pushed me.

Our conversation:

Me: Why you pushed me?
A: I got scared!
Me: You scared? Why?
A: I don't know you were there.
Me: But you knew I was in bathroom and you can hear the toilet flash, right?
A: Yeah, but I was stretching while you coming to me. Remember I'm hard of hearing at that moment.
Me: Uh? OHHHH! I totally forgot all about that. Using my cochlear implants and I don't have that problem.

End of our conversation... I thought it was funny because before get my cochlear implants, I remember I asked Annie one time when I was wearing my hearing aid. I noticed that when I was yawning or stretch my body, I can't hear any noise for a few second. Annie explained it to me why it happened.

I thought it was very interesting because now I have cochlear implants and it skipped that part. When I yawn or stretch, I still can hear.


I don't need to use the Tympanic Membrane (drum) or Eustachian Tube for the pressure air. I hear was straight from cochlea. That explains why Annie was not able to hear me coming to her while she was stretching her body.

This picture has animation. I don't know if this picture I put on this blog would work. If you want see the animation, click here.

1 comments:

Heather said...

You learn something new every day!

 
Little Leaps | TNB