Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Gee, I have learned that I haven't post any blog since the Hurricane Sandy which was from October. Whoops. I need to work on it! 

There are not much fun lately; however, I did something cool. I decided to try something new is to dry the foods. I thought it would be a great idea for snacks, so I can eat my yummy dried fruit while I'm at work. 

I'm so proud of myself for making mangoes, apples, pears, strawberries, banana, and fruit rolls. Amazed? 

I think you need a prove pictures that I'm not kidding--- look at pretty fruits! 





I was surprised that it tasted so great.. But the question is how far I'll quit eating dried food for snack? 

6 comments:

Christa said...

wow, I was shocked to see a new post on your blog :) Your dried fruit looks delicious, was it very difficult to preserve the nice color of the fruit? I have dried stuff before and it turned kind of brownish.

Laynie said...

It wasn't that hard as I thought it would be! I learned a secret to make it looked good without turning brownish. You need to put the slices in the water (a bowl) and little lime juice in it. Leave it there for about 5 minutes then no problem with brownish. :D

I'm still learning! Not all fruits need to be pre-treating. For example strawberries, you can put it straight without putting it in water. Apples, Pears, umm that tend to change brownish.. Makes sense?

Tim said...

yum!

Missy said...

Looks good!Can you dry anything else- not just fruit? Like make beef jerky or zucchini chips?

Heather said...

Looks so yummy! Wish we were close enough to share :)

Cindy said...

Wow those look pretty. Did they taste as good as they looked?

 
Little Leaps | TNB