Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Silly Boy

Annie asked me to help her by filming her doing speech therapy with kids. She have to give a big presentation at Speech-Language meeting this spring. It was a big deal for her. She had to borrow some kids for her presentation and she found several kids that their parents were willing to let us borrow their kids.

We visited one family with five or six boys. One of boys walked to me and started to talk. I told him I cannot understand him. His mother told him that I am deaf and use sign language to communicate. If he wants to talk with me, he need to ask Annie to interpret for him. He does not like the idea. He wanted me to talk with him. Actually he WANTS me to hear him.

He kept on the topic about me and my hearing issues. It was almost time for his turn to work with Annie. He left the room and wrote something and gave it to me. His face was very serious. He again tried to talk  as hoping that I would hear him. You can see how serious he was by writing big words, HEAR ME?! It was so funny! It took him awhile to accept that I CANNOT understand him even I can hear him with my cochlear implants. If he wants to talk, he need to learn sign language to communicate or use Annie to interpret.

So often, I always wanted to look inside of kids' head what they were thinking of. :D

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Hmmm, I'm thinking that boy really wanted you to HEAR him. Ha-ha.

 
Little Leaps | TNB