Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

A Sad Story

No, I'm not going to tease you because today is April 1st. The story is a true story. Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, Thursday morning I was in mood to clean my apartment as well as washing clothes, work on PowerPoint for my ASL class, playing some games on the computer, and read a book while taking a hot bath. Wow, it looked like I had so much work to do! I better started laundry first before do anything else. I realized I would have to do about 4 or 5 loads. :S (Hint: It was not just my clothes.) One load I had to hun some t-shirts and some sweat pants up to avoid shrink. I went to the guest bedroom and hung the clothes up. While I was doing this, I heard a funny noise. At first, I decided it was from upstairs and ignored it.

The noise came back again but I realized it was a different noise. It couldn't be from upstairs because the noise was more close, hit metal something, almost sound like somebody tried to open the door, and it was just not the same noise upstairs tend to make. It started and stopped quickly--my mind started to panic--WHAT IF somebody tried to break in?! My heart pounded so hard and I walked to the door but saw nothing danger against my life. The noise repeated and it drove me nuts. But it frustrated me because I couldn't figure where it came from because it was random. I could not wait and listen because I did not know how long it would make a sound so I could figure it out where it was from.

I gave up and decided to clean the apartment and that cleaning made lot of noise including vacuum, moving things around, turn water on to wash dishes, etc. You get the picture how to make noise to overlap that weird creepy random noise. In an hour, I forgot about the noise and it seemed the noise decided to quit making noise.

This evening I thought I should get a good reward by taking a hot bath and read a book. Yeah, I deserved that reward after hard work cleaning the apartment. I walked into the bathroom and started the water to fill up the tub. I suddenly remembered that I needed to get my towel from another bathroom. I walked through the door, somehow--something was waving at me. I stared where the waving was from! SUDDENLY I SAW SOMETHING WAS IN THE AIR VENT! What was that?! It looked like something moving in there.. GASP!! WHAT?! Was it a big bug or something but my fear had increased and realized it was a BIRD! Serious, THAT bird was trapped in there. It hit my heart so hard and realized THAT NOISE was from THAT BIRD.. THAT bird must have been struggling to escape but couldn't! Now I knew where the noise was from. I felt SOOOOO BAD because I realized it was too late. That poor bird had died. MAN!

I saw that vent was so dirty. Oh dear, that bird must have been flapping so hard and the dust goes everywhere. Groans, look at those pictures! That poor bird. But why did the bird go in that place?! Fell in?! Sighs.



I was thinking what if I could identify where the noise came from and I could have saved that bird. Annie told me it wasn't my fault because I'm still learning with my CI's. Sighs, I'm curious how the bird got in there in the first place. Honestly, has it happened to you?

The worse part was that I did not want to turn heat on or anything. This morning I need to call the office to get that bird out and see where the bird came from. Imagine an animal trying to get in--a snake! YIKES! It would not be good..  I need something to distract myself from that vent. The End.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Gross! Poor bird. I wonder how it got in there, too.

Cindy said...

We used to have some birds who built a nest in our dryer vent every spring.

And don't feel too bad. You probably wouldn't have been able to save the bird even if you had been able to locate the sound.

 
Little Leaps | TNB