Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Boatswain's whistle



I was watching "The Sound of Music" while I was playing a game. You know when Maria came in the house for first time. Captain Von Trapp explained Maria how to use a boatswain's whistle to call the children. Before I heard that sound, I was a bit afraid that it would be annoying sounds as I remember when I wore my hearing aids. But when Captain Von Trapp used his whistle that caused my head shoot and stare at the movie. That sound surprised me because I could hear some details of whistle. It sounds so DIFFERENTLY than I remember with my hearing aids. I could hear the ball hit so fast and sound like bumpy or a fan machine hitting a paper. But--uuuugggghhh.. I'm sure you get it what I mean, right?

I had to describe what I heard to Annie and made sure I heard it right. Annie told me that Caption Von Trapp use different notes by using whistle for each child. I had to review the movie and listen the part again.. True enough! He did make different notes for each child! That was amazing! Now I understand that part MUCH BETTER when Caption Von Trapp told Maria to learn to do that.. I thought it was the same notes for all of the children! Ha!

I think it was funny because I'm still learning and sometimes picked up some new sounds in random. Including I understand some simple words random when Annie was talking to me on the phone or around my back. For example I was cutting the pork and walked around Annie to wash my hands. Annie said, "Good job" and I somehow automatic understood and said thanks without thinking. It does not happen so often. I'm processing so slowly but picking up at least something new. Oh well, that's it for now..

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I always love hearing about your progress.

Heather said...

What a cool story! I love to hear about your new discoveries, too.

 
Little Leaps | TNB