Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Am I Hearing Yet?



I am not trying to be hearing. Really, believe me. Anyway, two weeks ago Annie asked me if I wanted to put new ringtone on my iPhone. I was thinking will anyone call me? But my mouth and hands spoke, "Sure!"

Annie and I ended up spending a lot of time trying to find some good songs that I liked. We even edited and put it on my iPhone. Now I have four different cool ringtones on my iPhone! Now you know what it means....time to test!

Annie called me four times to test all four ringtone. It was so much fun doing this. The next morning I asked Annie to call me when she arrives at work safe. No problem! Annie arrived and dialing my phone and it was ringing.

I, of course, was prepared for this call. I was waiting for the cool ringtone comes alive. Well, it started rang and I, umm, jumped because it startled me of loud. I had to pick it up FAST to stop the ringtone. I answered hello.. We had a brief conversation. No, no, do not think it means a real conversation. Let me explain...

I have to control the conversation because I need to know the topic or what it could be next. If Annie control the conversation, then I do not have any context and will lost in this conversation. Annie knows my speech better than anyone. My speech is poor. So our conversation was like this:

Me: Hello!
Annie: Hi, I am here.
Me: Okay, good.
Annie: Bye.
Me: Bye.

That's it. I thought Annie said, "I am safe." I didn't get it perfect.. I only can understand her saying hello, hi, what, bye, okay... I think that's all I can understand having conversation with her.

I begged her to do often as she can. That means two times for five days. She'll call me when she arrive at work and leave the work to go home. We have been doing this for two weeks now. Amazing to see how much I get better with it. But not a big mountain improve or even a little rock. Actually it was a little ladybug improve.

This week was little better than last week. Last week I got confused, misunderstood, and did not understand some of it. Annie decided to do same conversation almost everyday. But I do not want that. I tried to take a courage and ask her different question....and it happened last Monday. You can read from Annie's blog. She wrote about this event. Click here to read it.

Yesterday Annie had a long meeting at school. I was wondering when she will come home. I was bored at that time. I wanted her to come home and keep me busy. Heehee. Anyway, it was after six and I was about gone crazy. I decided to call Annie.

Annie: Hello. (very quiet)
Me: Hi, you talk so quiet!
Annie: What?
Me: you talk so quiet.
Annie: What?
Me (trying to fix my iphone to be on speaker...speaker was best because I can hear her better than on the regular phone)
Annie: Hello?
Me: (finally it was fixed and able to her clear and loud) Finally!!! You coming home?
Annie: (laughing) Yes, I'm coming home.
Me: Good!
Annie: (laughing)
Me: How long?
Annie: babbling
Me: thirty minutes?
Annie: No, twenty minutes
Me: (I heard "t" something so I assumed it was twenty) Twenty minutes?
Annie: Yes. (She wasn't sure she understand my speech of twenty.)
Me: (I wanted to make sure I understand right..) You come home twenty minutes?
Annie: (she still wasn't 100% sure with my speech but still have some instinct that I was saying) YES..
Me: Good! Hurry up!
Annie: (laughing) Okay.
Me: Okay, bye, see you soon.
Annie: Okay, bye.

That's it. That was my conversation with her. Annie emailed me and surprised that I caught 20 minutes. I was beaming because I knew thirty minutes was wrong because Annie said no. Honestly, I don't know how it happened.. I think I'm getting tiny improve than last week. Still practicing.. Poor Annie because she hates using phone. :S I hope she didn't mind continue doing this for awhile. I love getting a call from her and practice my phone skills. :D

Do not think that I can talk anyone on phone now. I'm still in training as a person learning a new hobby. People couldn't understand my speech. That's a big problem. Oh well, let's wait and see what happens in the future.

3 comments:

Tim said...

does this mean that brothers can call you?

Cindy said...

Wow! That is so neat! Good job, Laynie.

Heather said...

Yeah, so can "anyone" call to chat? :)

 
Little Leaps | TNB