We had a small BIG winter storm yesterday and it was harmless when it was snowing ALL DAY.
Annie and I came down to shovel our little driveway so both of us will not get stuck to get out this Monday. One of our nice neighbor helped us and let us borrow his shovel. Anyway, My car was clean but not really because we have been shoveling and it was still snowing. I was curious how much we get in two or three hours later. I came back and measure it. Wow, three and half inches. The snow gets less and less. It didn't look like this in the afternoon. That picture I took was night time. Oh I found that odd when I saw there were several cars, their windshield wipers, were sticking up from the window. I wonder why...so I decided to do the same. Annie and I suspected that they did this to avoid icy and damage the windshield wipers. Clever, but I'm not sure how clever it would be. I wanted to take a picture of that but I forgot on that night. I was going to take a picture this morning since my church was cancelled. But one of members live in this area came to us and asked if he can shovel and clean my car. Darn. I missed the opportunity to take a picture of sticking up from the window. Oh well, if we get some more snow, then I'll make sure I remember to take a picture..
I went sort of backyard of the apartment and to measure the "real" snow. We were surprised it reached 17 inches of snow! You see it almost reached my knee caps (I was using boots). Some area has less and other area has more snow. It was fun measuring the snow. Haha, you can see that I was having fun doing this.
See, 17 inches!
Well, I was done with measuring the snow and tried to walk but I slipped! Annie caught the picture that I fell. You see, it was still snowing!
Of course, I had to laugh at myself for the fell.
I heard we might get some more snow this weekend.. Possibly we will have a White Christmas. Oh come snow! Let it snow on Christmas Day!

2 comments:
Wow! I sooo want just a couple of your 17 inches!
That looks like a lot of fun- even to a bah humbug snow scrooge like me.
Post a Comment