Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Accent


While I was staying at Missy’s house, Missy and I wanted to have ice cream and movie while the kids have gone bed. Missy asked me to pick which movie I would like to watch. I went to her bedroom closet to see what she have. I saw there was a box says “Sense & Sensibility” and “Persuasion” BBC. I haven’t seen BBC production. I thought it was good to watch with Missy! So we watched Persuasion together. I had good time with Missy. The movie was very good. I loved it. But during the movie, I noticed something about this movie. I couldn’t put my fingers on it yet. It’s about speaking or voices something. I decided to ignore it.

The next day I wanted to watch Sense & Sensibility before I go home. I had extra time to watch the movie alone in Grant’s bedroom (that’s where I’m sleeping for several days). Of course, I’m listening while watching this movie. Again I heard something funny about this people talking. It’s not same as what we are using.. I was thinking umm why different? UMM.. Emphasize something but why? UMM.. Can’t figure it out by myself. So I finished that movie and life continues until I fly back home. Annie took me for lunch. We sit down and talk. Somehow that thing bothers me. I told Annie about it even described what it made sounds. Annie said, “that how British made sounds.. you noticed the accent..” WHAT?! That accent! NO WONDER why I was confused for awhile about sounds!

We got home and Annie tried to find the sample video from Amazon. She tried to listen if I truly did hear the British accent. True enough, she did hear the accent. Wow!

0 comments:

 
Little Leaps | TNB