Last August I thought it was from my new glasses that caused me to have dizzy. Dizzy, let me explain how I feel. When the dizzy hits, I feel like I'm having flu-like. Like you're on high something when you took something strong medicine. Or flu-like your skin became sensitive. It's sort like that, but not skin sensitive. That kind of dizzy I'm having since August. It's very brief and it only last less a minute. Vertigo, it happened once in a while since August. Again, it didn't continue longer than one minute.
At first I thought it was from new glasses, I kept my old glasses so I sometimes switch old and new glasses whatever I'm in mood to wear it. But I realized it wasn't from new glasses because the dizzy continued to September then November. That's when I started to concern what's wrong with me.
Dizzy started happing so often in January. I cannot figure what's wrong or what did I do that caused to have dizzy. I talked with my listening therapist about my condition and she suggested me to make an appointment with this specific doctor who focus on dizzy and vertigo. After I left therapy, I made an appointment with doctor.
I had to wait until last Monday.
I went and sat front of the doctor. He looked so nice guy. He asked how can he help.. I started blah blah blah about dizzy blah blah blah about vertigo. He asked me few questions--first thing he said...he thinks I have migraine.
In my mind, WHAT?! Migraine?! Dizzy? Vertigo? Dizzy and vertigo related to Migraine?!
Doctor explained how it works. I was surprised. Again, he explained the different between sinus pressure and sinus infection. (When I have dizzy, I always feel sinus pressure on my forehead. Sometimes it lasted a few minutes or an hour so far..) If the forehead pressure lasted few days, then it's sinus infection. But if it lasted few minutes to several hours, then it's migraine.
Umm, mine always lasted less than an hour. Interesting... I was confused how it works and he explained how it works inside of my head. I couldn't copy what he told me.
Doctor was going to ask me if I have family history but I beat him. My mom's side. Mom, Cindy, and Tim often have migraines. But not dizzy! It seems whole of my family experienced migraines. Therefore family history is part of reasons--but dizzy?
So he wanted to test me several things to see if I have vertigo or dizzy. It was fun experiments because he asked me to walk, step over something, walk fast then slow, stand with arm crossed with eyes closed, etc. He found out that my right was little weaker than left. I did have some little balance problem. That, again, surprised me.
I knew I had little balance problem but never knew my right side weaker that caused balance problem. That might related to vertigo. Am I making sense? I don't think so. But the point is we all think I might have two different problems.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add to this. January was worse month for me. But about three weeks before the appointment, my dizzy started to get better and less dizzy. Only time it often hits when I was driving home from work, night time, and very stressful.
So the doctor gave me two exercise for my balance. And he suggested me to write down when I have dizzy, where it happened, etc. So I have some homework to do and return to see the doctor in three weeks.
I left and things stick in my head with wondering. He gave me the article on migraine. My friend read the article for me and it was amazing because there were many things that my head nods or said yeah, I had that problem in past.
So it's not 100% confirmed that I do have migraine but it's a start.



2 comments:
I am also an occasional migraineur. I have not had one for a while though and usually don't get dizzy like you described. Hope this thing gets taken care of soon!
Very interesting. I did not think I had migraines but maybe I do. I often have what I thought were sinus problems right before my period. According to your article, maybe they are migraines. I guess that doesn't change anything but it is interesting.
Post a Comment