I'm fine. Nothing exciting to see Hurricane Irene. I was sleeping through it. (We had some strong windy before I went bed. It have been continuing for several hours and it's worthless to wait for it to pass us.) So the results was that we had strong winds, rain LOTS, and lots of broken branches and leaves. That's all what I saw around of the house. It was enough to cancelled the church service yesterday. Over a million did not have powers at their homes. I was lucky one who still have powers. Because some of our (Annie and Katie) friends did not have their powers even they lived close to us. I guess it was depend on which line when the tree fell on it.
Yesterday my visiting teacher companion and I went to visit two sisters. I saw three threes fell on the floor. LOTS of broken branches and leaves all over the streets. Ohh, I should be thankful to miss us. One of my sisters said their cable, phone line, and television were out because one of their tree fell and cut off the line. Oh boy! I'm thankful for no damage or anything break around our house. Oh yeah, we had a leak in our house. That will need to be fixed before another rain or snow in the future. Bummer for that one.
Interesting, Annie told me that Monday was cancelled and she don't have to go work. Because 27 schools did not have powers. My Towson University did not have powers but recently got powers back. I guess it's time for me to go back to work this morning. Bummer. Lucky for Annie.
Well, nothing exciting share with you guys compared to Cindy's experiences or Missy's experiences. :D
So the news is that I'm ALIVE and FINE!

2 comments:
Not lucky for me! I'm bored out of my mind after being stuck at home all weekend. I was looking forward to work and seeing my sweet children. And even the not-so-sweet ones...
I wanted to leave a comment on your last post, but my phone didn't want me to.
I'm glad that you are fine. Ever since the hurricanes that hit our area in the spring we have the power go out all the time. We are starting to get pretty used to it.
Post a Comment