Three weeks ago, I was complaining to Annie that I got bored with music on CDs when I drive to school and home almost everyday. Annie took me to Best Buy and get me the wire that can hook from car to my ipod. I can put many songs on my ipod and pick what I want to listen while I am driving.
I was exciting to have my own wire for my car AND I can pick what I want to listen. After one week using this wire, I noticed myself to find what kind of music I want to listen in the morning and in the late afternoon. In the morning, I like to listen exciting and beat music. When I left school, the music was on. I did not want to listen this music and changed it to mellow songs such as classical or something smooth without choppy or lot of crazy with low and high frequencies that fly different directions.
Two days, I was driving on the high way to go home from school. I was exhausted and did not want to listen the crazy music. I decided to turn the player off and not to listen any music for today. After about a minute without any songs, I realized I did not like the quiet sounds.. In my head, I need music! Honestly, I don't know how to describe the feeling but I guess the simplest word in the world. Bored. My arm reached to turn the player on right away. Of course, I changed the songs to different songs that I haven't gave chance to listen.
While I was driving and I was amazing how much I have changed since I got the wire for my car to listen the music. I have developed the habit to listen the music while I'm driving. The funny thing was that I happened to drive quiet such as yesterday morning. I had tough night before because one naughty ice cream caused me to get thing out of my stomach that goes in a toilet. Oh boy.. Anyway I left little later than usually to school. I got in car and started the car--music started playing. I did not want to listen at all. Immediately I turned it off and drive in quiet. I did not mind at all. I think it was appropriate at that moment for me since I did not get some sleep, exhausted, lot of stress, and lot of things racing in my head. Quiet was good idea at this time.
Wow! I think it was very cool to develop some habits with my cochlear implants. I still enjoy some sounds and hate some sounds. I think it's natural to love and to hate something. La-la! Time for me to get going and listen the music!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love hearing about all your experiences with sounds.
Sorry about the ice cream. :(
I gotta say it: you often share very gross personal details about yourself. eww.
But I hope you are feeling better.
You're cute :)
Post a Comment